Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just around the corner…

Christmas is the time of the year when everyone gets REALLY busy. Here in the Philippines, it’s the season when everyday we hear Christmas songs over the radio and in shopping malls, everyone’s carrying a plastic bag or some sort of gift, traffic jam’s the worst, everyone’s in a hurry and people become better individuals. For people like me, it’s simply the season to rest and somehow recharge, not to mention a time to be with family and spent more time with friends. (not that we don’t have time for those things) But since internship, I have come to realize that there will be Christmases where I won't be able to spend time much with family and friends and that holidays for others will just be ordinary work days for me. (apart from the many partying and gift giving) It makes me think about what people say that Christmas is for kids. It never crossed my mind before but when I try to recall the Christmases I had as an adult, somehow I begin to ask myself when was the last time I’ve been very excited about Christmas. Don’t get me wrong I’m not Uncle Scrooge its just that my Christmases for the past years were not actually the Christmases I would be looking forward to when I was a kid. Blame it to internship, they say! O well, maybe it’s just part of growing up when you realize that Santa’s your parents in disguise. Giving you gifts when you’ve done a good job and reprimanding you when they found out you’ve been naughty. But nevertheless, I still believe that Christmas is for everyone. So for now since Christmas is just around the corner, let me greet everyone happy holidays!!! May we all have a good recharge!

FYI: A few workmates suggest as it's Christmas you might like to 'choraulien' with them, what are they suggesting?
Carolling!!!!!!
At Christmas everyone sings carols, whether they have a voice or not. Originally the word meant to dance to a flute, but over the years the meaning has altered.

1 comment:

  1. people become better individuals? it seems like the opposite based from a recent experience. hehehe...

    anyway, i just got home... it's cold here unlike in Manila and it's much Christmassy.

    So true, this holiday's meant for us to have a rest and not primarily to celebrate what we should celebrate... For that matter, we should really make good use of our time with our families because soon enough, we'll all be busy, most probably celebrating our Christmas in the wards. So, enjoy!

    Merry Christmas.

    The FYI thingie's a bomb! you should do that in your future posts.

    ReplyDelete