Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Beyond magic…

When I was a kid I used to believe that Christmas is the time of the year when everyone should be happy. It’s like an obligation for everyone to be worry-free. Disappointments, troubles and worries supposedly subside and everyone’s in a state of tranquility. More like a pause button in a movie player where you can suspend everything for even just a week. I have never come across the reason why I believed that holidays make people like sand on the beach. Everyone leaves a mark yet with each flow of water along its shores, it erases everything, making the sand defiant. How I wish I still believe in this up to the present. It would somehow make me more hopeful that there’s magic every Christmas time. Now as my eyes begin to see the light or should I say the truth, how unfortunate it is to say that Christmas is not anymore that aroma that once inhaled, makes us feel better. On the contrary, Christmas has become a burden to some. Others are not acting out what they truly feel. They reconcile just for the sake of Christmas without even feeling the need to reconcile. People spend much just to say Christmas is fun and some demand gifts making Christmas an excuse for them to have new stuffs. I’m not washing my hands, and I admit I belong to the guilty ones. It just makes me think that sometimes, we overdo everything because of the many beliefs we have regarding Christmas and the holidays in general. What we lack is the sense of understanding why we do these things. Now, I have come to realize that it is the people around us who can make us smell that aroma and our attitude towards the many situations makes you feel like the sand- resistant, defiant, and unaffected, truly magic beyond the holidays.

FYI: According to the Guinness Book of World Records and magic periodicals David Copperfield is believed to be the highest paid magical performer.

1 comment: